Climate change is no longer an issue for future generations, it's happening now and it is a crisis. The Ford government is actively working to speed up impacts of climate change with their sweeping policy changes. So far, the government has:
- Canceled the cap-and-trade program (and launched an partisan advertising campaign against the environment)
- Cut millions of dollars from the Minister of Environment, Conservation and Parks
- Eliminated the office of the environmental commissioner of Ontario
- Cut flood management funding to conservation authorities.
- Making changes to the Endangered Species Act.
- and more...
There are many ways to help protect our environment:
- Contact the Premier and Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks to let them know you do not support cuts to our environment.
- Add your name to declare a climate emergency in Ontario and/or ban single-use plastics
- Pick up a petition kit from our office and get your friends, family, and neighbours to sign.
- Share your story - let us know how you or your family have been impacted by Ford's cuts.
- Volunteer - help Bhutila spread the word!